THE MINISTRY OF THE ENDOWMENT
St. Mark’s recently established an endowment fund that distributes grants to further our ability to do God’s work with our hands locally and around the world. Because the Endowment Fund supports projects specifically outside of the congregation’s annual budget, these grants help to innovate and bring new ideas to how we serve our community.
DREAM IT! MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Dream it! Do you have an idea for a ministry project that is not currently covered in our church budget? Are you involved in a community organization with a similar vision for service as St. Mark’s? Would a small amount of money make a big difference? If you have a dream for a special way to serve others, but you need some financial support to get your project off the ground, this grant could make it happen!
DONATE TO THE FUND
Your commitment will always be felt. Our Endowment Fund gives donors the opportunity to create a long-lasting legacy to support the ministry of St. Mark's into the future. The St. Mark's Endowment Fund Tax ID Number is 94-1418294. Donations may be sent directly to St. Mark's Lutheran Church, Attn: Endowment Committee, 1031 Franklin Street, San Francisco, CA 94109.
If you would like to speak with someone about including a bequest to the Endowment Fund in your estate plan, please send an email to email@example.com.
2018 APPLICATION CYCLE
Application Period: Sunday, May 27 - Sunday, August 12, 2018
Deadline: Sunday, August 12, 2018
Grant Notifications: September 2018FORMS & DOCUMENTS
PAST GRANT RECIPIENTS
- A grant to the El Salvador Committee of St. Mark’s Social Ministry Committee to defray hospitality expenses of a benefit fundraiser for the Salvadoran Lutheran Church Pastors Endowment Fund. ($1,500) The resulting benefit event in September 2014 raised over $21,000 for the fund, established to help pay the salaries of Lutheran pastors in El Salvador.
- A grant to Lutheran Volunteer Corps to fund volunteer trainings in partnership with Seminary of the Street. ($500)
- A grant to Kigali Lutheran Parish in Rwanda for construction of their children’s worship space ($2,000)
- A grant to St Mark’s Social Ministry Committee to pay for the home visit of our ELCA Missionary in Rwanda, Pastor Kate Warn ($1,000)
- A grant to St. Mark’s Music Ministry to fund a choir retreat ($500)
- A grant to Cordero de Dios Lutheran Church in El Salvador for construction of an exterior wall to make their church building more secure and visible ($2,000)
- A grant to the St. Mark’s Social Ministry/Holy Land Ministry Committees to support a photography exhibit featuring the work of students from Dar al-Kalima University in Bethlehem, Palestine ($800)
- A grant to the Lutheran Church of Rwanda Women's Ministry to assess women’s ministry at the congregational, parish, and district levels as part of a strategic planning process ($700)
- A grant to the St. Mark’s/St. Paulus Chapter of Women of the ELCA (WELCA) to provide childcare during weekends workshops on the ELCA’s Women and Justice social statement ($500)
- A grant to Cordero de Dios Lutheran Church in El Salvador to fund the salary for a social worker focused on children and youth ($2,000)
- A grant to Lutheran Social Services of Northern California in support of two programs serving people with HIV/AIDS in the Tenderloin neighborhood of San Francisco ($1,000)
- A grant to a St. Mark’s member to pay for a diversity seminar open to St. Mark’s members and the broader community ($1,000)
- A grant to the Trinity Lutheran Church, Fresno, California, Chapter of Women of the ELCA (WELCA) to provide infant feeders to a sponsored ministry in Tanzania ($800)
- A grant to St. Mark’s Parents with Kidlettes to support two parent education workshops open to St. Mark’s members and the broader community ($710)
- A grant to Immanuel Lutheran Church, Saratoga, California, to support homeless kits for a People Helping People project ($500)